Hey there Plankers! They say sometimes the hardest part of any project is simply getting started. Up this month in our tutorial series is the in’s and out’s of what to do once that pretty box of reclaimed wood arrives at your doorstep. Load up that coffee cup, crank up your music and get ready to do your victory dance, because your first step towards walls you love starts today!
- Once your Plank + Mill boxes arrive, open one end of the cardboard box and remove the bundles. Each bundle includes 10 square feet.
2. To allow the planks to acclimate place them in the area in which you are installing for 48-72 hours. Leaving the ends wrapped with plastic. If you are in a drier climate--say, Arizona--give it an extra day.
3. To begin, clean your surface of all debris with a damp towel or vacuum attachment and ensure it is completely dry.
4. Remove the plastic from the ends of all your bundles and layout your pattern on the floor. Be sure to incorporate planks from different bundles to create a mix of colors.
5. We recommend beginning your project in the bottom corner and working your way up.
And just like that, those beautiful reclaimed wood planks are ready for your wall! Simply cut, peel, and stick. For install inspiration, check out our instagram feed @plankandmill to see incredible spaces created by customers just like you.
Here are a few recent favorites our customers have shared with us.
Even homes on wheels deserve their own cozy feel. I love how our whitewash planks brighten up this airstream.
If this was my bathroom, I don’t know that I’d ever leave! Our raw reclaimed wood planks bring such a warm and rustic feel to this beautiful bath.
I love seeing how our reclaimed wood planks completely transform these spaces. I can’t wait to see what you do with yours!