Hi friends! Today is tutorial day over here at Plank and Mill and up next on our tutorial series is installing around corners. I know exterior corners can pose a problem when it comes to designing a reclaimed wood wall or space with clean lines and edges. Figuring out how to finish off the edges can feel kind of tricky, but don’t worry- it’s easier than you may think. Grab yourself a utility knife and a pencil and you are ready to master your cornering skills.
1. Decide whether or not you want all the exposed edges on the same side or if you want to stagger them.
2. To ensure a tight fit when you overlap the boards, cut ¼ inch of the adhesive backing and remove from the piece.
3. Temporarily hold the this piece in place to ensure proper placement while installing the opposite side.
4. Remove the backer from the remaining adhesive and adhere it flush against the other piece.
5. Finally, to disguise the cut piece, use a pencil to color the exposed edge.
Installing our reclaimed wood planks really is that easy. You can complete an entire wall in just a few hours thanks to our user-friendly peel and stick backing. Remember when Shanty2Chic used our whitewash planks to renovate their friend Amanda’s new shop? Ashley couldn’t believe how quick the install process was.
If you’d like to see more design ideas, follow us on Pinterest. You’ll find ways to use our reclaimed wood planks in every style and room, along with photos of projects completed by our very own customers. I love seeing how our customers turn hum-drum walls into rustic, farmhouse, coastal, industrial, Scandinavian, and modern styled spaces, all with our wood planks.
If you are ready to install your own reclaimed wood wall and need some tips to get you going, you can find all of our install videos and instructions in the tutorial section.
If you're ready to live in walls you love, click here to claim your free sample kit. Each sample box comes with two samples of our white wash planks & our reclaimed planks in both the three inch and five inch widths. You can walk these planks around your home see how they look in different light and against different colors. You'll also receive a design booklet & other goodies to help you make your DIY dreams a reality. Our peel and stick wood planks are just as easy as they seem!