Are you ready to put up that barnwood wall you’ve been thinking about? I don’t know about you, but I think today feels like a great day for a project! Let’s do this!
Your space should be a reflection of you, and our team at Plank & Mill wants to help you truly do-it-yourself. We’ve got nothing but confidence in you and our products.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you conquer that blank wall you’ve been staring at. You’ve got this!
Cozy up to your favorite Instagram feeds or Pinterest boards for ideas. There is no shortage of barn wood love to be found!
Here are a couple of my recent faves I’ve been daydreaming about:
Measure Your Space
Don’t let the math intimidate you. Measuring your square footage is easy.
Height (inches) x Width (inches) ÷ 144 = Your Square Footage
*We recommend adding 5% extra for waste.
Use our friendly square footage calculator.
ONCE YOUR PLANK & MILL BOXES ARRIVE...
- Open one end of the cardboard box and remove the bundles. Each bundle contains 10 square feet.
- Allow the planks to acclimate by placing them in the area in which you are installing for 48-72 hours. Leave the ends wrapped with plastic. If you are in a drier climate—like Arizona, give it an extra day.
- Install a small test piece to make sure our adhesive and your current painted surface are friends. Here’s some tips on installing a test piece. (link)
- To begin, clean your surface of all debris with a damp towel or vacuum attachment and ensure it is completely dry.
- Remove the plastic from the ends of all your bundles and layout your pattern on the floor.
- Be sure to incorporate planks from different bundles to create a mix of colors.
- We recommend beginning your project in the bottom corner and working your way up.
- For a more in-depth look at installing our planks, check out our tutorial video.
NEED MORE VISION?
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
From start to finish, we will be here to answer questions and cheer you on along the way! Email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call— we’d love to chat! 888-502-8212
Cassie VenableGeneral Manager, Plank and Mill